Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Odyssey of X and Y

"The Odyssey" by Leopold is such and interesting way to look at the carbon cycle. It helped me track through the biogeochemical cycle by painting a picture with the words. I enjoy Leoplds writing style because it is easy for me to follow and form a picture in my mind. It was also cool how he depicted the path of two different atoms and showed how they cycle can change so drasticly just by the journey it is sent on. From what I learned in chemistry class about carbon dating, I found it to be very interesting. How they can trace back anything with carbon int it using half-life's. Just thinking of what I ate today and where the atoms that made up that food as been is donating thought. Pretty nuts! It would be very cool to turn this same idea into a children book.
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Carbon_cycle.jpg
             

No comments:

Post a Comment